KP saves Rs six billion in wheat purchasing: Lodhi


Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Food, Qalandar Khan Lodhi Friday said that as per policy of the provincial government the process of punishment and reward has been started in the Food Department. Under the policy, he said more than dozen corrupt and competent officers have been punished while honest and dutiful officers have been rewarded and the policy will continue without any discrimination.

He expressed these views while talking to media and officials after inspecting Wheat Godown in District Karak. Those present on the occasion were included Secretary Food, Asmatullah Gandapore, District Food Controller, Karak, Khan Zaman Khattak and other officials of the department. The minister also checked old and fresh stock of wheat in the Godown and issued standing orders to the authorities of food department for taking timely steps for prevention of wheat from all kind of diseases and weather effects. The provincial minister said that due to the better wheat purchasing strategy, the provincial government saved an amount of Rs 6 billion while timely provision of wheat to flour mills has also been guaranteed. He said that the province has sufficient stock of wheat and a quota of 20,000 metric ton is issued to flour mills on daily basis. He said that the province produced 25% wheat by itself and remaining 75% is purchased, saying they are making efforts for purchase of good quality wheat.

The provincial minister said that the department has precious 5 kanal pieces of land in Karak city, which will be commercialise as per policy while the office of District Food Controller will be shifted to Godown, which will bring maximum increase in the revenue of the department.