SO (F-IV) 3-8/2016. WHEREAS, Food Department has 6.029 MMT wheat in its godowns and there is urgent need/demand to start releasing wheat to flour mills to stabilize Atta prices and liquidate wheat stocks.
2. NOW, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 3 of Punjab Foodstuffs (Control) Act, 1958, the Government of the Punjab is pleased to promulgate the following Milling Policy:-
i) Issuance of wheat to the functional approved flour mills on the basis of approved roller bodies will start with immediate effect 16th of October, 2017.
ii) The issue price of wheat will be Rs. 1300/40 kg. Cost of bag will be in addition to the cost of wheat as details given below:- a) Jute bag = 148.50 b) PP bags = 32.20
iii) Wheat stocks will be issued with bag.
iv) Flour mills getting wheat from the Food Department will also be entitled to grind their private wheat stocks.
v) Release to the Chakkies at five bags (100 kg)/ stone/ day will be issued.
vi) The Rawalpindi Division, Lahore Division (Except Nankana Sahib District) and Gujranwala Division (Except Narowal District) will be treated as deficit and wheat will be issued as per body quota to be notified by the Director Food, Punjab from time to time.
vii) Flour Mills are allowed to lift wheat from all surplus districts in the Province as per directions of Food Directorate.
viii) Wheat to the defaulter flour mills (which have not deposited their outstanding dues) shall not be issued from Government stocks.
ix) Stocks will be shifted from the surplus regions to the deficit divisions of Lahore, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi as per requirement.
x) Any person having valid Foodgrain License can also purchase wheat from surplus Divisions.
xi) The flour mills be bound to sell atta at the maximum ex-mill price of Rs. 735/- and maximum retail price of Rs.760/- Per 20 kg atta bag.
3. All other departmental instructions and codal formalities regarding advance deposit of price and issuance of wheat shall be strictly adhered to.
SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB FOOD DEPARTMENT NO. & DATE EVENA copy is forwarded for information & necessary action to:-
- The Secretary to Governor, Punjab, Lahore.
- The Secretary to Chief Minister, Punjab, Lahore.
- All Administrative Secretaries to Govt. of the Punjab.
- The Deputy Secretary (Staff) to Chief Secretary, Punjab.
- All Divisional Commissioners in the Punjab.
- All Deputy Commissioners in the Punjab.
- The Director Food, Punjab, Lahore.
- All Deputy Directors Food in the Punjab.
- All District Food Controllers in the Punjab.
- The Chairman, Pakistan flour Mills Association, Lahore.
- The Superintendent, Government Printing Press, Lahore for publication in the Govt. Gazette and supplying ten copies thereof to this Department.
- All Section Officers in the Food Department.
- P.S. to Minister for Food, Punjab.
- P.S. to Secretary Food, Punjab.
- PAs to AS(F), DS(G), DS(F), DS(Technical) and DS(Confdl), Food Department.