The undersigned is directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that the Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the Cabinet in Case No. ECC-154/27/2016 dated 28th December, 2016 has decided as under:
- Export of 225,000 MT of sugar will be allowed subject to the condition that:
- The Inter-ministerial Committee formed vide the Prime Minister Office's directive No. 3546/M/SPM/15 dated 25-11-2015 under the chairmanship of the Commerce Minister with Secretaries of Commerce, National Food Security & Research, Industries & Production and Additional Secretary Finance as members will meet during first week of every month to review the sugar stock/export situation;
- In case domestic sugar price stability as compared to 15th December, 2016, is not maintained, the above-mentioned Committee would recommend to the ECC for stoppage of further exports;
- Only those sugar mills will be allowed to export which have cleared outstanding dues of farmers relating to last season and have started crushing at full capacity.
- Export will be allowed only from the surplus available.
- The export quota will be approved and monitored by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) on first come first serve basis.
- Exports will be completed within 45 days of allocation of quota or 31-03- 2017, whichever comes earlier.
- There will be no export rebate/cash support on incidental and freight for the export.
- Copy of the ECC of the Cabinet's decision in Case No. ECC-154/27/2016 dated 28th December, 2016 is enclosed.