Night temperatures are expected to drop slightly (1-2°C) in most of the agricultural plains of the country during the decade.
- Gilgit Baltistan
Mainly cold and cloudy weather is expected in most parts of G.B however light to moderate rain with snowfall is expected at scattered places during the current decade.
Wind ForecastNormal wind pattern may prevail in most of the agricultural plains of the country during the decade.
Advisory for Farmers
- Wheat crop is at tillering/shooting/milk maturity stages. Farmers are advised to stop irrigation the crops by keeping in view the expected rain in the agricultural plains of the country.
- Farmers of irrigated/barani areas are advised to remove weeds from the fields, so that the present soil moisture may fully be utilized.
- Farmers in the lower half of the country especially those in central regions are advised to take up poultry rearing houses to maintain optimum room temperature and take care against the rapid changes in air temperature and relative humidity.
- Removing weeds from the standing crops is very important as weeds utilize moisture and food which are to be utilized by the crop. As a result considerable loss in yield occurs every year.
- Due to further drop of temperature farmers of particular areas in the northern half of the country are advised to take precautionary measures for protection of their crops and livestock from the expected frost.