Day temperatures are expected slightly above normal in southern parts however slightly normal in northern half of the country during the decade.
Light to moderate rainfall is expected in upper parts of the province.
Light to moderate rainfall is expected at isolated places of the province during the decade.
- Gilgit Baltistan
Light to moderate rainfall in most parts of G.B during the current decade.
Light to moderate rainfall is expected in most parts of the Kashmir during the current decade.
Normal wind pattern may prevail in most of the agricultural plains of the country during the decade, however dust/sand storms may occur in southern Punjab and upper Sindh.
Advisory for Farmers
- Wheat crop is at different maturity stages in of upper half of the country. Farmers are advised to schedule their harvesting by keeping in view the weather forecast.
- Farmers of southern Punjab and Sindh are advised to prepare land for cotton crops in time so that best grains conditions may be fully utilized during the whole crop life.
- Sowing of Kharif crops should be completed as soon as possible to fully utilize the soil moisture after these rains.
- Dust/sand storm may occur in areas of matured wheat crop; accordingly measures may be taken to preserve the grains and residue after harvesting.
- Removing weeds from the standing crops is very important as weeds utilize moisture and food which are to be utilized by the crop. As a result considerable loss in yield occurs every year.